Brief HiatusWell, I managed to take a nearly two-week hiatus from these musings, but I'm very happy to report that much has taken place in this time:
It went just about as planned. I spent the better part of that Saturday (May 21) working on the last of the supply plumbing, including the installation of all the individual shutoff valves at the stubouts. After mowing and finishing the lawn on Sunday (which is about a three-hour project by the time the push mowing is done and the weed eater has touched up what the rider cannot), I migrated to the plumbing. It took about an hour and a half to make the switch, mostly because I had to cut away some of the old plumbing in order to make the last of the connections to the new stuff.
I am very happy to report that my massive soldering job was well done -- not a single leak in the entire system!
So, as of today, I've installed the ductwork (at least into the attic area) for the exhaust fan (and yes, the fan is temporarily disconnected until I get the vent to the outside) and gotten the remaining walls up. I removed the old pedestal sink earlier this week (it was Thursday evening), so it's just a matter of tearing down the final wall and running conduit and new electrical wires, then replacing the old plaster wall with new drywall.
So, turning the big 25 went well.
This post was upgraded to the MZ Online Blog on 8/29/07