Week-End Project UpdateWell, it turns out that, if given enough time and determination, things do actually get accomplished.
Granted, not completely...but...
It wasn't terribly difficult, aside from juggling all the equipment atop the ladder outside. Once my locator hole was drilled (from a suitable location inside), I did the cutting and whatnot from the ladder outside. It took some time and patience (along with a good hole saw and utility knift) with the vinyl siding, but it went smoothly. I also managed to put it in an ideal location in relation to the siding.
Once the job was all sealed up from the outside, I got down from the ladder to take a look at it -- it's really an object you have to be looking for since it blends in nicely. Of course, then the remaining portion of attaching the ductwork in the attic to the tailpiece and sealing up that whatnot took place. I am happy to report that, after re-applying power to the fan unit, it is working just as expected. One step closer to a completed bathroom.
However, that said, I've gotten over half of the large area in the bathroom more or less ready for a final coat of mud (mostly just over the corner joints). Matt's goal for this week is to (weather pending -- meaning it might be Wednesday or the weekend before it gets re-atttempted) get the entire larger area ready for prime/paint. It's getting closer, but I can tell you in two words why I'm not a drywall contractor -- it sucks.
But, it's progress, and I'm fairly convinced that within two weeks we'll have a completely painted bathroom, which only leaves the flooring and trim work to deal with (I need to lay down a very thin substrate just to smooth out the transition between floors (e.g. where the closet wall used to be)). However, we already have the flooring in place, and I'm sure once that's done the trim will be procured in short order.
This post was upgraded to the MZ Online Blog on 8/29/07