Ten Years of MZ Online!

Practical Advice

Extraordinary Ideas

No-Nonsense Solutions

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Happy Halloween!


Pumpkin Carvings
So here are the two pumpkins we got from Amy (thanks!), in the dark. Kirstin's is on the left (she's quite an artist), and mine is on the right.

In all actuality, I carved them both, and the team of Beth and Kirstin cleaned up the seeds and innards).
So it's been a few weeks again since my last post; I'm really bad at this lately. I guess life has a way of getting in the way of things sometimes. :)

At any rate, I decided to stay home tonight and 'take the night off' so to speak by using the time to carve pumpkins. I'd procured a few of them from Amy a few weeks ago, but they'd not yet been carved (as we've just been so busy as of late).

So tonight was the night, and the accompanying picture is the result. I did most of the carving, while Beth and Kirstin sorted out the seeds from the rest of the business. Using some simple (and free) patterns procured from the Internet along with my pumpkin-knife skills, the results are stunning.

Actually, they are a lot better than I thought they'd turn out. And I'm happy with them.

So there it is! A post!

I've taken a lot of pictures in the last few weeks. As of tonight, the official count on the XTi is 12,223. Since March 13, 2008. Over the weekend, Beth and I made a side trip down to the Gold Mine bridge (a one lane truss bridge erected in the first decade of the 20th century (1904 or 1909 comes to mind, but I can't recall which is correct). That was cool -- I'd been meaning to get some pictures of it for a while...and since it's considered a fracture critical bridge, I figured I'd better do it sooner than later (since it might not be around much longer (although I'm not sure there's a replacement plan in place since they're comfortable with the height and weight limits in place for the structure)).

And I'll likely post more stuff as I get time. Along with pictures, of course... :)

And I'm also planning on sharing some of my Kill-A-Watt results as I compile things in the next few weeks!

So until next time...
"Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by fighting back."
- Paul Erdos (1913-1996)

--MZ

0 Comments:

My Blog Profile

My Photo
Matt
Minnesota, United States
View my complete profile

Miscellaneous Bits

  • One Gorgeous Daughter (Kirstin)
  • An Incredible Wife (Beth)
  • Two Cats (George/Felix)
  • Two Dogs (Koshka/Kurva)
  • My birthday is at the 48851th place in Pi
  • Frank Oz and I share birthdays (Go Fozzie Bear)!
  • Mike Myers and I share birthdays (Party On, Wayne)!

MZ Online Blog: The Archive

Categories

Save to del.icio.us Save to del.icio.us W3C XHTML Valid W3C CSS Valid W3C Tableless! W3C WAI Double-A WCAG 1.0
Copyright 1997-2008 Matt Zaske. All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Search | Site Map